OK everyone. I love photography and work at the Target photo lab part-time but I feel like I am the last one to get on board with a Digital SLR Camera. Yes, this is embarrassing, I keep saying I am getting one but things don't always go the way we want. My sister has given me a hard time (kinda), in fact, several of the photos on the Christmas Bag Mini Album were taken by her. If you weigh the cost of the film, developing and printing, it does come out cheaper.
So back to my point, do you own a Digital SLR Camera and which one do you have and why did you choose it? I would love to hear from everyone. I'm still saving and leaning towards a Nikon.
First Edition Flower Card
15 years ago

http://www.dcresource.com/
ReplyDeleteThis is a great place to review digital cameras. I highly recommend reading up on a model or two before making your final decision. I don't know enough about the slr to help further, sorry!
Catherine
Hi Elaine, I saw your post in the Yahoo group and thought I'd come by and see your blog. You have beautiful word books. I've been looking at several to get ideas and even have my deep blade, but I haven't tried anything yet. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteCarmen
I have a Digital Rebel XTI. Love it! I chose it mainly for the good reviews. This is the second one I have owned. This one is an upgrade from the first version. The take beautiful photos and not much of a learning curve I found. I'm not familiar with the Nikon so I can't give any advice on that one. Good luck on your choice.
ReplyDeleteDani
I also have a Canon Digital Rebel XTI. It is very easy to use and the photos turn out amazing. I usually shoot in RAW format so the pictures can be adjusted using the photo program that comes with the camera. Love your blog.
ReplyDeleteI have the Rebel xsi and love it! Amazing photos, small learning curve.
ReplyDeleteI have a Rebel XTI but I don't think they make them anymore I think they are called XSI now.
ReplyDeleteI chose this camera for a few reasons, first I had a film SLR Canon Rebel so my lenses would fit this one, second the lenses and accersories are priced a bit cheaper than the others, I also have a Minolta film SLR as well but still loved Canon.
I have been using Canon cameras for over 20 years and am a profesional art photographer so I have a little expertise.
When choosing don't just look at price, look at Mega Pixels, look at how big the LCD screen is, these are not like little digital cameras you have to look through the veiw finder to focus, the canon has a nice feature that when your eye is close to the window the LCD screen goes black so the light isn't in your eye, it's an easy camera to learn or use on auto.
I love them so much I am getting ready to upgrade in a few months to the Canon D series profesional cameras.
I also stumbled across your blog from a yahoo group and have been doing some browsing. I LOVE your blog header....so cute & crafty!
ReplyDeleteI guess I am the first to post that I am a Nikon owner. I have a D40x, but would love to trade up to the new D90 (has digital video feature). I was leaning towards a Rebel, but have been told by many pro's that Nikon has better lenses or 'glass' as they call it, plus the VR (vibration reduction) lenses sold me. Good luck in your quest in camera shopping!
Now off to check out the rest......
I too have a digital rebel. I love the fact that the lenses are interchangeable with my film rebel. That not withstanding, I love the pics this camera takes. There is a very small learning curve, as you can pretty much just take it out of the box and start taking pictures. I would read reviews at camera sites and decide based on what you specifically are going to be using it for. Good luck and happy clicking!
ReplyDelete